Type of Organization:
- After School Programs / Actividades después de la Escuela
- Basic Needs: Food pantry, clothes, shelter etc. / Necesidades básicas: Despensa de alimentos, Ropa, Refugio, etc
- Financial Education/Educación Financiera
- Jobs + Career Services / Empleo
- LGBTQ Resources / Servicios a personas lesbianas, homosexuales, bisexuales, transgéneros
- Mentoring / Mentor
- Volunteer Opportunities / Trabajo Voluntario
Special Needs Accommodations:
Our building is handicap accessible. Just give us a call and we will help with the doors. Advance notice is needed for interpreters, including sign-language :)
50 Island Street 2nd Floor, Studio 2601840 Lawrence , MA
Hours of Operation:
2-5pm Monday-Friday /// Always open online
A philanthropic thrift store designed to raise funds and provide services to local job seekers VISION Progress sets out to be an element of change in the economic atmosphere of the Lawrence community by working to lessen the adversities that come along with being unemployed and low income. MISSION To promote financial self-sufficiency by providing economically disadvantaged individuals with job preparation, clothing and support services.
Anyone is welcome to shop our thrift store in-person or on our website. Proceeds will go towards our interview clothing and career prep programming. Any social service agency, career center or community organization can become a referral partner to have your job-seeking clients receive interview clothing through our Professional Image Consultations. Email email@example.com to get started. We are also available to do professional development programming at your location or host you at ours.
Key Programs Offered:
- FREE RESUME WALK-IN HOURS: Tuesdays 10am-12pm at the Lawrence Public Library (Main Branch) 2nd floor - PROFESSIONAL IMAGE CONSULTS: One-on-one appointments with a stylist to help your prepare for a job interview, college interview, court date and more. Includes a conversation sprinkled with career advice and pep talks to get you ready for your big day! - JOB BOARD: We post jobs to "Lawrence Area Jobs" on Facebook and Twitter keeping in mind that the members of our community have different experience levels, education levels, and do not always have their own transportation. We try to post jobs that we know will be accessible for our clients. - WOMAN WEDNESDAYS: The last Wednesday of every month will be dedicated for our get-togethers. We will be focusing on empowerment, positive body image, self-esteem and healing through discussion of various topics. - THRIFT STORE: To help us fundraise, we open our doors Mon-Fri 2-5pm for the community to come in and shop! - POP-UP SHOPS: We come to you! Have job seekers at your organization or educational institution? We will bring our professional clothing and set up shop for your clients, customers, and members to refresh their closets! - THE SWAP: At Progress Clothing, nothing goes to waste. So, when we get more casual clothes than we can really use for our clients' interviews, we put them to the side and host a fundraiser! The Swaps are a great way for the community to come in with their gently used, unwanted items, and switch them out for something "new to them"
Community Meeting Space Available: